By Margorie Espe, Owner-LionSky – Digital Marketing Specialist
How Do I? Create a Business Facebook Page?
Facebook Pages are a very important tool of your business. According to Oberlo, (5/2020) there are 2.7 billion monthly users on Facebook and 74 percent of them log on daily. When using Facebook for business to it’s fullest potential, companies can create results that influence customer relations, brand awareness and increase sales. With this in mind, companies should definitely use this social media platform as part of their digital marketing strategy.
It is important that You, the owner of the business, create the Business Facebook Page. This allows the page to reside under your profile. Do not give your id/password to an agency to create the page for you. You will be giving them access to read your personal emails and information. I promise, it will only take a few minutes.
1) Create a Page. Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
Select the type of page you want to create: business/brand or community/public figure. In this post, we’ll assume you’re creating a page for a business or brand, so click “Business or Brand”
2) Enter your business information. For your page name, use your business name. (This is the name of Your Business)
3) Add Category, type a word or two that describes your business and Facebook will suggest some options. If your business falls into more than one of the category options, choose the one your customers are most likely to think of when they think about your business. You can add in more categories later. If you are a doctor, choose Doctor. Your specialty will be a sub-category.
4) Photos – skip this option if you are having an agency, such as LionSky handle this for you. If not, be sure to re-size your photos to the correct dimensions. This is really important. There is nothing more unprofessional than going to a Facebook Page to see a photo stretched out, a logo cut off, or a background cut in half. Your profile should be your logo (or something that identifies your business) and the cover should be a beautiful photo related to your business. Be sure to size these two photos correctly. (See graphic at the bottom).
5) Add Page Roles – This is where you give authorization to an Agency or an employee to manage your page. Select settings, Then Select Page Roles from the left side. In the middle of the page, Choose Assign New Page Role and then type in the persons name and select ADMIN. If LionSky is going to handle this service for your, select Margorie Espe Levandoski and select ADMIN. You will need to enter in your password to confirm this.
If you are having LionSky handle this for you, you are done for now. LionSky will add in your logo, a beautiful background, fill in your business informaiton, and set up your services or products page. We will then optimize your site so that potential customers are able to find you on Facebook. We will also create captivating posts that will entertain and engage your customers. For more information, check out our Social Media Optimization Services Page.
Once the page is created, we will have you invite your friends to like the page. This will help to expand your reach to your friends, and their circles.This also will reach your target audience.