internationalized website = open for business in foreign markets
Website Internationalization is the process of modifying an existing website to make it accessible, usable, and culturally suitable to a target international audience.
Funds from the United States Small Business Administration, administered by the State of New Mexico Economic Development Department and the New Mexico Trade Alliance. This program is called the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). Each company will receive a reimbursement of up to $10,000 for this internationalization and localization service. These grants offer small businesses the opportunity to optimize their website for international markets at no cost to the business.
Our service includes:
- Translation of your website into multiple foreign languages
- Localization of your website for foreign markets
- Search Engine Optimization services, both domestically (bonus) and internationally
are you eligible?
The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 (HR 644) which authorized the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). Section 503 of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 defines the term ‘eligible small business concern,’ as a business concern that:
- Is organized or incorporated in the United States;
- Is operating in the United States,
- Be a U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or with at least 51% U.S. content.
- Meets a. The applicable industry-based small business size standard established under section 3 of the Small Business Act; or b. The alternate size standard applicable to the program under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act and the loan programs under title V of the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 (15 U.S.C. 695 et seq.); The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards are found at 13 C.F.R. Part 121. Use the following sba.gov link for information on size standards for your business
- Has been in business for not less than 1 year, as of the date on which assistance using a grant under this subsection commences; and
- Has access to sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade, including the costs of packing, shipping, freight forwarding, and customs brokers.
Testimonials. See What our Customers Say:
The internationalization website LionSky produced for us is working! We just received a call from Dubai on setting up a new distributor for our lighting products!
“The international translated website LionSky developed for us is already reaping dividends. We received an inquiry from the UAE (Arabic) to work with a company who sells to the UAE government. After a thorough due diligence, emails and Zoom video conference we’re proceeding to work with them! They have representatives from UAE coming to New Mexico to finalize some very large contracts with us.”
Still Have Questions?
Please reach out to the New Mexico Trade Alliance.
They offer a free resource that is available to companies within the Greater Albuquerque Area who have specific questions regarding their international business development initiatives. They are a tremendous resource to your business.
STEP Grant Forms
1) * NM W-9 Form is only necessary when the company needs to be set up as a vendor in the State of NM.
NMTA will connect you with someone at the state level to accomplish this.
2) Your Company will need to provide a formal Step Grant Request on your company letterhead to formalize your request. Reach out to us if you would like a template to use.
Your letter should include the date, total request amount, the purpose (website internationalization), and it needs to be signed by the owner of the company.
The price quote from LionSky backs up your request. Once we meet with you, we will send you an price quote.
Reach out to us if you would like to see an example of the letter.
This letter should be addressed to:
NM Economic Development Dept.
1100 St. Francis Drive
Joseph Montoya Bldg
Santa Fe, NM 87504
what we offer
We have the experience and the skills to set your company up for success. We have completed 3 successful internationalization projects to date. We provide a website audit that includes analyzing your website for content, functionality, and structure. We then move into the development stage and will restructure and optimize your website for internationalization and localization.
our service includes:
- Website Audit
- Website Re-Structuring and Optimization for Internationalization and Localization
- Website SEO (Search Engine Optimization), domestically and internationally
- GDPR and CCPA Compliance
- Cookie Compliancy
- International translation for 3 additional Languages (your choice)
- Translate Pages, Posts, Media, Taxonomy, and Menus
- SEO Maintenance for 1 year for domestic and foreign markets
- Website Traffic Reports and Keyword Rankings
- Support Through the Whole Process, from the Application Process through Funding and Finally, the Maintenance
Step 1: The client will fill out the forms required by the State (see form buttons on this page) and will submit ALL 4 forms and the LionSky Quote (We will send this directly to you) to Randy Trask at email@example.com
Step 2: The NM Trade Alliance will approve and submit your application packet to the state. The State will approve your application and submit a PO# to you if all the qualifications are met. Once you receive this, please forward a copy to LionSky. This will initiate our service contract with you.
Step 3: LionSky will deliver a strategy to get your website ready for internationalization and localization
Step 4: LionSky begins internationalization and localization efforts
Step 5: LionSky translates the website to the languages specified by the client
Step 6: Client approves the Site
Step 7: The client submits an invoice to the state for payment (we can help with this)
Step 8: Client pays LionSky for services (We will submit another invoice to you that includes the approved PO # from the State)
Step 9: We move into Maintenance Mode and Reporting
website internationalization benefits
funding is available!
Many small business owners don’t realize foreign sales opportunities are well within reach.
To reach them, all you need to do is take advantage of federal programs designed to build the bridge to new markets. The State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) is the perfect way to get you there! They will pay for developing an international website!
find international buyers
Nearly 96 percent of consumers live outside the U.S., and two-thirds of the world’s purchasing power is in foreign countries. Many small business owners don’t realize foreign sales opportunities are well within reach.
An international website will help you to attract foreign buyers!
improve your domestic presence
LionSky’s mission is to make sure your website is set up for success internationally. With this, your domestic presence will improve as well. We will SEO your site as part of our service. This is a win-win for you. You will receive a year of SEO service, that will automatically improve your domestic presence.
frequently asked questions
How Long Does the Process Take?
Once you receive an Approved PO from the State, the process can take 3-4 weeks. The timing will depend on the number of products and services offered by the client, the size of the website, and details addressed from the audit.
How Many Languages Can I Choose?
LionSky will translate your website into 3 other languages besides the original English Version. We offer over 40 languages, including Mandarin and Arabic.
What are the Advantages of a Website Internationalization Project?
You will receive receive a Website Upgrade and Development to Attract Foreign Buyers, SEO Services for a Year, and have it completely funded by the STEP Grant, if you qualify.